Thursday, November 11, 2004

Term 2 - The Planning Process

At the beginning of term two I wanted to explore the use of the tablet in as many different curricular areas and situations as possible. During forward planning for term 2 I took into account this new classroom tool and incorporated it into my planning as much as possible. I was also conscious that I did not want to lose the spontaneity of using the tablet in the classroom when an appropriate situation arose or when the children wished to make use of the tablet during an activity. Often this is when the best use of the tablet arose! However I am aware that I have a duty to the pilot to explore fully the tablet’s potential as a classroom tool and so it is important that we also use the tablet in planned activities.
Our forward plan template is on our staff laptops, and I adapted the template to provide space for related tablet activities. During the planning process I have aimed to ensure the tablet contributes substantially to the activity and is not a fun ‘add-on’ . I continually ask myself why I am using the tablet in that particular activity and what it contributes to the lesson. I always ask the children at the end of the activity how they felt about using the tablet and what it contributed to the lesson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous High? said...

http://www.insuranceapropos.com/
Wow just happend to stumble here and thought I should say High?.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home